Sunday, July 20, 2008

Wedding Bells

I am not well right now. This morning I woke up with a sore throat and feeling sort of achey.

This is so not good timing. So I went to Publix and stocked up on groceries and orange juice. I drank an entire glass with some Airborne in it. (Keeping my fingers crossed!)

Thursday I fly to Pittsburgh for my annual summer wedding party. Four days of merriment, food, and matrimonial bliss.

Two years ago I was a bridesmaid in my college roomate, Calley's wedding... to a guy named Dave.

Last summer I was the maid of honor in my best childhood girlfriend, Jill's wedding.... to a guy named Dave.

And six days from now, I'm standing up in the nuptials of Leah and Jared, two college friends from Grove City.

I think my life is turning into the movie 27 Dresses, except without the very cute James Marsden hanging around as a not-so-discrete newspaper reporter.

Although it's a lot of work, time, and money, I do enjoy being a bridesmaid. Wearing a cute dress that I can never put on again, standing at the front of the church, eating, drinking and dancing. However, the fun must come to an end. I think this may be the last wedding I'll agree to be in.

So far the details are a little fuzzy. There's a family and friends barbecue Thursday night, but by the time I would be able to get there, I think it would be over. Then Friday, a ladies' luncheon, shopping with the bride, and the rehearsal ceremony and dinner. Saturday, heading to Leah's to primp, then the ceremony at 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

Another exciting factor in this trip: staying and hanging out with my friend Mike D! Thank God for male buddies! Sometimes the mama drama can be a bit much. With Mike, we can get a little drunk and say crazy things. It's a good thing.

It will be nostalgic to get back to Western Pennsylvania. That's where my college, Grove City is. The weather will be pleasant, we'll be returning to a few of our old stomping grounds, and eat at Rachel's Roadhouse and Quaker Steak & Lube. Oh yes, and there will be a SHEETZ gas station!!! That's what excites me most. Seriously.

No comments: