- Using a topsy tail to "do your own hair" is a really, really bad idea
- If the Best Man who used to send you interesting poems on AOL Instant Messenger, the best thing to do is pretend if never happened and slow dance with him anyways
- Get a pair of strappy silver high heels and wear those to every wedding. They go with any dress!
- Don't let the bride eat bad chicken at her bachelorette party
- Try to avoid having the bride stand too close to objects that could fall on her while she's trying to put on her dress (ie: an old air conditioning unit stacked on a closet shelf)
- As a bridemaid, it's your job to really get the party going! Whether that's dancing with grandpa, doing the electric slide or requesting that the DJ play Ice Ice Baby
- Make sure that you order the dress in the correct size. Best thing to do: order one size up
- Have flip flops on hand for the time when inevitably, the silver shoes will start to kill your feet
- After the reception, take the other brides to a gas station for snacks while still wearing the matching dresses
- Don't take a date if you don't have a boyfriend or husband. You never know who you'll meet!
- Give Sally Hansen's airbrush foundation a try. It's awesome!
- Bring cash. You never know when you'll need to tip, or get a strong drink at the cash bar
- Leave a comfortable change of clothes in the car just in case!
- Do get a Tide To Go stain stick pen
- Make sure to help with clean-up afterward and taking gifts to a car. It helps the Bride and Groom to relax and have a good time themselves
- Eat a lot of wedding cake
Thursday, July 24, 2008
(Circa August 2007 - Jill's wedding)
(Circa September 2006 - Calley's wedding)
As I procrastinate from what I should be doing, packing for the Pittsburgh wedding, I have been doing some reflection. At the ripe old age of 25 (about to be 26), I honestly think I've gotten a little smarter and a tad bit wiser. Especially about my bridesmaid duties. So I'll share a few tips I've picked up over the years.