Sunday, June 22, 2008

Seriously??

Don't get me wrong, I love the male species. You guys have so many wonderful qualities and I feel so lucky to have so many good ones in my life.

But sometimes... to quote a friend... Men just... suck.

Yep, you heard me right. Suck.

Currently, I'm in a fairly serious relationship. Well, the guy went to Chicago for his brother's graduation.. and besides like, two four word text messages, I didn't hear from him for four days.. And that was only when I texted him to say "Hey, haven't heard from you." When I asked him why he couldn't find five minutes to call me, his answer was, "My phone was dead." But his entire family has the same phone/chargers. Oh well. I hate having to tell men what I want, because then when they do it... it doesn't really mean anything. It's an empty action.

For about two years I was very into another guy that I was friends with. When he was sick, I brought him a pizza and medicine. We went to grab coffee, we went hiking, we talked Instant Messenger for hours at a time. I truly felt a connection with him, and like we really understood each other. He had a crush on one of my friends, and pursued her even though she was high maintenance and very non-compatible with him. I waited it out. One day, I thought, he'd realize that I was perfect for him.

When he asked me to go to a fancy work function, I thought that maybe there was a chance of something happening. Instead, we stayed for dinner and left before dancing even started. It was a magical evening. (Not really)

And that fairytale ending never happened. I even laid my heart on the line, only to be shot down with this answer "I'm lost in the sauce and out to lunch." And that God was calling him to be single at the time. Yeah. Right.

So apparently he has a new girlfriend. And I'll be frank - she's totally unattractive. How anti-climactic is that? That's why I titled this post "Seriously??"... because that was my response. Couldn't he at least have gone for somebody cuter if he's going to shoot girls like me down? Apparently not.

There are days when I can watch WE television's bridal shows and can dream along with all the other honeys sitting on the sofa with a cup of tea and a kitten.

But that isn't today.

Right now, I'd rather not have to deal with that crap.

Sorry guys. I'm a little pissed off.

No comments: