Monday, June 23, 2008

Barely Legal? Hardly the Case

It's not that often that I take the time and money to play the Florida Lotto. But lately, I've been buying a few dollars worth on a weekly basis. Hey, you never know who will win the jackpot, right?

Today I went into a Rally on Ulmerton near work to fill up for $3.97 and then stepped into the store to buy $5 in tickets. When it was my turn at the register, I asked for the tickets. The clerk asked, "Are you 18?"

Laughing, I said that I was. "Would you like some ID?"
Clerk: "Actually, yes."

Wow. Occasionally I'm carded at bars and restaurants, but for lottery tickets?? Hahaha. It was rather flattering though, having someone think you might be a minor when in fact, you're closing in on 26.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the honey and aspirin mask I've been applying at night. My skin has been great since I've started doing that. And yes, I'm rather petite and have a youthful appearance.

Let's just hope that helps my lotto luck Wednesday night!

No comments: