Thursday, October 16, 2008

Hot Apartment Deal



I found a new apartment for an amazing price. It's half condominium half apartment. Right now there is a special that lands the rent at LESS than what I am paying now in a two bedroom two bath with a roommate.

The 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment is 515 square feet, with a washer and dryer in the unit and a cool kitchen island. The price is $675. There was an option of a renovated model with granite countertops, new stainless steel appliances, and a nicer bathroom. I toured both the standard and renovated models, and the newer one was beautiful. However, when it all comes down to it -- I don't need it. I can use the extra hundred dollars I would have spent on it to pay down my car or student loan instead.

Just so you know, I will not pay $675. The complex is having a special where the third month is completely free, and the next six months after that slash one hundred dollars off each month. With my calculations, rent will come out around $600. That is what I am paying now. It is next to impossible to find an apartment that cheap in a good complex with a washer and dryer in the unit. Plus I will have privacy and freedom that I don't have now living with a rather interesting roommate. I have not lived alone in some time, and I miss it.

The one I have locked in will be getting new carpeting and is on the ground floor. I'm not particularly fond of stairs. AND residents are allowed to paint! As long as it's a neutral color, they don't have to paint it back. I'm excited about that! Perhaps I'll do that if the walls are white.
My move in date is December 12th. I took off that Friday and Monday from work to make things easier for myself to get settled in the new place. I feel this is a very good move because the apartment will have my own touch in it rather than someone else's. No doing laundry at the laundry center either! There's even a small patio with storage, and I'd like to put a small grill out there.
Mmmm. Steak.

2 comments:

none said...

Wow. That would be unheard of in Chicago... at least, in a relatively safe neighborhood convenient to downtown.

I pay more than that for a studio, and I share 4 washers and 4 dryers with the whole building.

tobethatguy said...

i must say, i am jeal.

i would sell my body on the streets if it would get me a washer and dryer in my apt.

buddha says, your laundry luck is about to improve!