Sunday, January 18, 2009

Using Up Those Extra Care Bucks

Earlier this week I started checking out the CVS ads. There was a sneak peek ad scan on someone's site that was exciting to find.

As soon as I woke up I cruised moneysavingmom.com and printed out a $2 off one St. Ives product and a $2 off Excedrin Express Gels coupons. (Excedrin is on sale for $1.99 and St. Ives lotions are $2.99)

Since I had to pick up a prescription also, I went this morning around 10a.m.

Conveniently, there's a newspaper vending box right outside my closest CVS store. Talk about great!

I found a $1.50 coupon off Vaseline Intensive Rescue products as well as a $3 coupon for certain Bausch & Lomb eye drops.

When I paid for the prescription, a $3 off any 2 body lotions coupon printed out.

Vaseline lotion was on sale for $5.99.

CVS allergy tablets were free after ECBs for $3.69 (limit 2)

Nutra Trim gum was also free after ECBs for $3.79 (limit 2)

Maybelline makeup B1G1, and I needed new mascara, so I picked up 2 Great Lash packages for $4.79. I knew I'd seen a coupon recently, but I was outta luck this time.

Earlier this week I'd been emailed a $5 off a $30 purchase coupon from CVS.

The eye drops were $7.29 with $2 in ECBs.

Here's what went down at the register:

$40 total

-$1.50 Vaseline

-$2 Excedrin

-$3 Bausch & Lomb

-$2 St. Ives

-$3 CVS body lotion

-$5 CVS purchase of $30

-$14 ECBs from last trip

Total out of pocket - $8.31

ECBs earned: $17.56

No comments: